- 12 tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (if frozen, do not thaw)
- 1 cup sour cream or yogurt
for the topping:
- 3/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, and salt and mix well.
- In a second medium bowl, toss the blueberries with 1/2 cup of the flour mixture.
- Add the remaining flour mixture to the butter mixture slowly and in parts, alternating with the sour cream or yogurt. Fold in the floured blueberries. Spread the batter in the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, pecans or walnuts, and nutmeg and mix well. Scatter the topping over the batter. Bake until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm.
Care of Didi Emmons‘ Entertaining for a Veggie Planet.