- 1/2 cup milk
- 7 ounces finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 large egg yolk
- 7 1/2 ounces creme fraiche
- pre-made 9″ pastry shell
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly whip the egg yolk with the creme fraiche and set aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil, stirring continuously. Turn off the heat and add the chocolate to the milk. Stir the mixture until the chocolate is thoroughly melted.
- Slowly add the egg and creme fraiche mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Place the combined chocolate mix in a 9-inch pre-made pastry shell and cook in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven and cool to room temperature. For best results, chill the tart in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
Care of Bellwether Farms brand Creme Fraiche.